Next: Data-processing softwares
Previous: Data typeslocation
The first thing to do is to setup the user files needed to work properly
with naps and sir. Normally you should perform the 2 following steps:
$ fip ! tool to setup files and directories (Laurence Alsac)
DONT PANIC ! ! In principle, this has been done, so you already have the
- click on setup (setup window opens automatically at the first time)
- choose your directory (a default is proposed).
- a "groupe de resultats" is a directory containing your data in
- your file will have a name like R000001.res (the original scan
number is kept in the header file); it is created each time you make
a "save" in NAPS.
- menu "fichier": "sauver dans .configdep", then "quitter".
An initialisation file is created: .configdep.
This file is used by NAPS and by SIR.
The directories and files needed by NAPS and SIR are created
which contains `groupe1' (for SIR format files)
and `sorties' (graphic and text outputs).
The fits format directory, used by NAPS (and CLASS), must be
Of course you can run fip again, or modify your .configdep file.
J-M. Martin & P. Colom